Posted on 24-4-11
May Day 2011 Festival
Aotearoa NZ's May Day Concert 2011 Celebrating International Workers Day.
A night of fun and solidarity in the form of song, music, dance and
performance art from unions, community groups and individuals from
throughout New Zealand and internationally.
A special performance of "Trouble on the Waterfront": Multimedia musical
snapshots of the 1951 waterfront dispute, by Chris Prowse & 8 other
musicians from Wgtn. And Michael Houstoun, New Zealand's premiere pianist
Also featuring Ahmed Zaoui (poems), the Michelle Robinson Dancers, the
Brazen Hussies, Luc & Kate (music, dance, visuals), Julia & Cara (hip
hop), the Burmese Community Singers, Double U's (Union Ukelele's &
friends) and more.
When: Saturday 30 April 2011, 7.30pm
Where: Regent on Broadway, Palmerston North.
Cost: Entry by $5 donation (children free). A separate collection will be
taken at the interval, proceeds to families of the 29 Pike River Miners.
Contact: Organised by Dion Martin (coordinator) Manawatu MayDay Coalition,
on behalf of Unions Manawatu. PO Box 1327, Palmerston North. (06) 356 9658,
*Proper funding for public health, education housing and all public services;
* The unrestricted right to strike for significant political, social and
* Free education (student debt $12 billion);
* Stop privatisation of ACC;
* No to racism - welcome refugees/asylum seekers;
* Peace - and a NZ foreign and trade policy independent of US and
globalised corporate control;
* $15 per hour minimum wage;
* All NZ & US troops OUT of Afghanistan & Iraq NOW
* Support the Free Burma campaign and the CTU Tamil Nadu project.
* Fight the 90 day Fire at Will law and other recent employment law changes.
Download, print and post the attached poster.